APPALRED LEGAL AID HELPS CLIENTS WITH PROBLEMS IN MANY LEGAL AREAS
AppalReD Legal Aid provides free legal help in civil matters to low-income and vulnerable people in 37 counties in eastern and south central Kentucky. AppalReD Legal Aid is well-known for its family law work including protective orders, divorces, and custody cases. Many people do not know that AppalReD also handles cases in many other legal areas. Those other areas include:
- Public benefits cases including K-TAP, SNAP (Food Stamps), unemployment, and the loss of Social Security or SSI benefits.
- Housing cases including government housing, Section 8 (HUD) vouchers, evictions, illegal landlord actions like lockouts and utility shut-offs, foreclosures, tax foreclosures, land contracts, and mobile homes.
- Consumer cases including debt collection cases, bankruptcy, unfair deals with used car dealers, home improvement contractors, payday lenders, and rent-to-own stores, repossession, garnishment, attachment, and student loan problems.
- Health care cases including Medicaid and Medicare.
- Utility cases including denial of utility service, utility bill problems, utility service problems, and loss of utility service.
- Other problems including expungement, tax problems with the IRS, education problems including discipline and special education, and nursing home problems like discharges.
If you need legal help in any of these areas, you should contact AppalReD Legal Aid at 1-866-277-5733 or you can make an Online Application